Comprehensive Dentistry Expert Forum
Exteame pain after tooth extraction

Welcome to the the Comprehensive Dentistry forum.

Exteame pain after tooth extraction

I had a tooth removed in Sunday due to the amount of pain the nerve was causing me, but the tooth was very hard to remove as the roots where very long and had curved so it took a lot of pulling and pushing to get it out, so I knew the extraction site was going to ve sore and swollen. The only thing us that now the pain hasn't got any less and painkillers aren't really helping because the pain has spread al along my bottom jawline and it's causing a lot of pain. What are the chances that it is down to infection just because of how much pain I'm in
Going back to your dentist to have a post-op pain management is advised.If your dental visit is not feasible, you may try tylenol+advil to manage your post-op pain.
I am going through the same exact thing. I was told I do have an infection but with different antibiotics, I am still not getting better. Go back to your dentis as soon as possible to be checked. The pain is unbearable. The percocet I was given does nothing for this pain. I cant sleep, eat or barely function at the moment.
Good luck to you