Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Coronary Artery Spasms and Hyperthyroid
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coronary Artery Spasms and Hyperthyroid

Has anyone with hyperthyroid (Graves disease) experienced coronary artery spasms
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have Graves disease and just experienced a coronary artery spasm.  When I first experienced this, I was hospitalized (in July), given a heart cath (no blockages) and meds. During the spasm today my blood pressure elevated from 130/81 up to 183/93 at it's peak.  Has anyone experienced these types of blood pressure peaks during a spasm?  Since I have Graves disease, I have been prescribed the following meds - 500mg niacin once daily, Isosorb (Imdur) 60mg (extended release) once daily (once I take an Imdur, the spasm subsides) hydroclorot 25mg once daily, Lipitor 10mg once daily and Methimazol (Tapazole for thyroid) 10mg twice daily.  If anyone out there has experienced this, please let me know and let me know what your dr is telling you about this.
Blank
Has anyone experienced spasms with graves disease?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
8624119_tn?1399020599
Blank
Elan83 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 02
Blank
liljodav is ...female Comment
Mar 13
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Surgery Christmas Eve...
Dec 24
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979