Inoperable Right Coronary blockage
I was admitted with very high blood pressure which is unusual.  Had a cath and was told that where the blockage was, they couldn't do anything.  They found a 95 percent blockage at the ortho of the right coronary artery which they said was very small the entire way down.  They also said I have very good left coronarys and that the blood flow is being picked up by that.  They have me on generic of Toprol XL 25, Hidrochlorothiazide 12.5 and lipitor 20.  They said I shouldn't have any more problems as this blockage looks like it has skinned over.  They did a stress test and said I passed it.  Can you live without the right coronary and will the rest of my heart pump enough blood and if it completely blocks will it affect the aorta in any way?  Thank you
If anyone has something to share on this I would be grateful.  I feel like the doctors aren't telling me everything.   I was admitted to Duke after having a cath locally and was told by their team nothing can be done about the 95 percent blockage in the RCA but it wouldn't hurt my heart if it blocks........does that make sense.
    I have mentioned "The South Beach Heart Program" several times on this forum.  Arthur Agatston, the author, is also known for "The South Beach Diet."   Agatston is a renown cardiologist.  His book is especially interesting to me because he writes about aggressive prevention of heart disease.  This includes people who have heart disease.  He claims that being aggressive about your medical care--managing your diet, cholesterol, blood pressure, and exercise--will allow people to live to a normal life expectancy.  His ideas make sense to me.  
   With regard to your being 95% blocked on one artery, I remember one of my former colleagues whose arteries narrowed and he did not have adequate veins in his legs for a bypass.  He was about age 60 and retired from teaching and coaching.  He walked every day, and I often saw him walking at a moderate pace all over our small town.  I would estimate he walked 5 miles or more every day.  He told me later than he had new blood vessels that developed and they naturally bypassed his clogging arteries.  With his activity and I assume other prevention measures, he lived to a respectable old age.
I believe he was at least 80 when he died.  
   My mother was 100% blocked on one artery.  She continued to smoke and was very sedentary, and died at 75 of lung cancer, not heart disease.
   I have heard of others who have done just fine with blockages like you have described.  And I have also heard of others who developed new blood supplies around their blockages.  (Perhaps this might be a subject for discussion on this forum)
  My message is to encourage to take charge of your health.  Even though we know there are no guarantees, live your life like you expect to be around for a long time.  You most likely will.