Interpreting and Echocardiogram
I've had 2 open heart surgeries. One was 2 years ago to fix an atrial septal defect, and one was 4 years ago to put a ring around my mitral valve.  Just got my recent echo results and I'm very worried.  Results showed:
Left Ventricle: Grade II moderate diastolic dysfunction with pseudonormal relaxation. E/A ratio is 1.67.  E/E ratio is 19
Biatrial enlargement
Mitral valve is thickened with moderate regurgitation.  Mean gradiant of 3.73
Triscuspid valve had mild regurgitation
RVSp 19 mmhg
Borderline right ventricular enlargement
Diastolic dysfunction...this is new

Can someone please, please tell me what all this means!!!  It is impossible to get a hold of my cardiologist right now and I am very worried.
Thanks,
Heather
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ventricles have diastolic and systolic phases. In systolic phase the ventricles pump out blood and this is reflected in the ejection fraction. In diastolic phase, they relax and blood comes from the atrium to the ventricle. Diastolic dysfunction refers to improper relaxation of the ventricles during diastole, this in turn can cause inadequate filling and output. This can also cause congestion of blood in the pulmonary circulation. Treating the underlying cardiac condition will help to stabilize the dysfunction. So, discuss this with your doctor, in the meantime continue with your medications.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.