Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
RIGHT CAD 100% BOCKED

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

RIGHT CAD 100% BOCKED

Hi, my husband is 60 yrs. old and has been dealing with CAD for the past  15 yrs he has numerous stints in the right and left coronary arteries. He had a cardiac cath done yesterday and his doctor came out and told us that his right conoary artery was 100% blocked from scar tissue and was not able to open the artery and that  the left CA is doing OK for now I asked him about bypass and told us that it could not be bypassed  the doctor wants my husband to start EECP  in the next few weeks to help grow new branches of arteries off the right CA. I don't understand why the right artery can't be bypassed  the drawing he showed us the artery was 100% blocked about midway down in the artery. Why can't he use the top part of the artery to bypass the blocked part of this artery. I want the doctor to do something before the left artery becomes 100% blocked from scar tissue due to the stints. can he be saved with a bypass?
I have no idea why bypass is not a viable option either. If the Rima vessel in the chest is clean, I would think they could attach this to a point below the stents. I would ask to see a heart surgeon to clarify this, it might just be a decision he has made with no valid reason. I am also confused as to why they cannot remove the scar tissue? Why can't they use one of the new lasers which doesn't require a guide wire through the blockage, I believe there are ones which can be guided from the rear now.
Is this a proper heart hospital or is it a general hospital?
The hospital is a general hospital. I wish I knew of a heart hospital close to me I am from College Station Texas and my heart doctor is Dr. Lechin he has been treating me for several years and I have asked him about bypass and all he tells me is that would not be suitable now I am wondering if it's because I am on Medicare and don't have good enough insurance. I hate to lose my life due to not having well enough insurance that scares me to death. I have a feeling that is why bypass is not a option for me. Thank GOD my wife has a $15,000.00 insurance policy to bury me with since that is all I was approved for since I have a pre-exsisting condition. It very heart breaking to know I lose.
If you hover your mouse over the EXPERTS heading above, then click on ASK AN EXPERT FORUM you will be presented with a list. In the right side, find heart disease and click. Then see if you can post your problem on there. It may take a while because only so many posts are allowed each day, but keep trying. There are some brilliant Cardiologists on there.