Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
16 year old saline implants

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

16 year old saline implants
Yes, I've had my implants for a long time with no problems. Lately, they sometimes ache when I'm sleeping. Last night, the pain was on my left side and severe enough that I couldn't sleep. When I touched the left breast around the "bag" area on the bottom there was pain. I had trouble finding a position in which I could sleep. I ended upon my side holding a pillow up close to my chest so it couldn't hang. It seemed to hurt a little more when it was hanging. I've looked at my chest and there is no difference in the size so it doesn't appear ruptured. However, I am concerned because of the pain. Anything I need to consider?
If the pain persists, then I would definitely consult with your plastic surgeon.  The possibilities range from minor muscle aches to stretching or tearing of the implant capsule to infection.