Abdominal wall swelling after TRAM flap
I had a TRAM in September  2007  I am struggling with a distented high adbominal wall siutation which is painful and seems to swell post exercise.  I have returned to by Bikram yoga class two days a week though I struggle with some of the backbending poses and I do 30 minutes of weight training three days a week.  I can't seem to lose this new spare tire high on my abdominal wall regardless of how much excertise I do.  What do you recommend?
Be sure to speak with your surgeon about this.  The problem is undoubtedly a result of weakness of your abdominal wall.  If the problem is severe enough, some surgeons would recommend exploration of the upper abdomen with reinforcing the area of muscle and fascia loss with an artificial mesh.
A related discussion, upper right bdominal bulge after tram 3 years ago with artificial mesh in place was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.