Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Accessory breast tissue removal

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Accessory breast tissue removal

I was wondering what the options are for removing an accessory breast tissue in the left axilla?

I have read that there are options to liposuction the fat around the area, or to surgically remove the extra tissue. However, I don't want to simply liposuction the fat, because i want to remove the lump in case it turns out to be something harmful like a tumor or cancer.

I read about some options involving ultrasound to break up the extra tissue and liposuction to remove the tissue. Does anyone know anything about this or where it could be done?

I also read about a procedure done in China where the tissue is liposuctioned out, except using a larger needle /canula ? It sounds very tempting since it leaves such a large scar but I would be unsure about  whether or not the procedure would actually work or if i would be able to simply fly to china and get it done exactly the way I want it to.

Comments and answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Liposuction by any technique can be used to reduce axillary breast tissue.  Lipo removes primarily fat, but some breast tissue undoubtedly accompanies the fat.  I am just starting to use radiofrequency (BodyTite) to remove tissue and shrink skin, but to date have no experience with axillary tissue