Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Axillary Breast Tissue removal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Axillary Breast Tissue removal

I had an axillary breast tissue removal surgery under both my armpits two weeks ago. I have recovered well from the pain from both the sides. But my left arm pit is swollen like a huge bulb. My doctor did an aspiration on it and removed about 7-8 ounces of fluid(no pus or no blood). A week later the left arm pit is swollen even worse than before. My doctor said that this is not uncommon and have to put a catheter until all the fluid is drained out. Now my question is, has there been any damage done to my nerves during the surgery to cause this fluid collection? If not how long would it take to drain all the fluids?
Also I have some tingling feeling/burning sensation in both my arms, which my doctor says it will take a few months to heel.