Axillary Breast Tissue removal
I had an axillary breast tissue removal surgery under both my armpits two weeks ago. I have recovered well from the pain from both the sides. But my left arm pit is swollen like a huge bulb. My doctor did an aspiration on it and removed about 7-8 ounces of fluid(no pus or no blood). A week later the left arm pit is swollen even worse than before. My doctor said that this is not uncommon and have to put a catheter until all the fluid is drained out. Now my question is, has there been any damage done to my nerves during the surgery to cause this fluid collection? If not how long would it take to drain all the fluids?
Also I have some tingling feeling/burning sensation in both my arms, which my doctor says it will take a few months to heel.
The drainage is a result of division of the lymph ducts and possible lymph glands that are found to be extensive in the armpit area.  A drain may be required until further healing has occurred.  This drainage will ultimately stop, but could take several more weeks to resolve.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.