Fluid accumulation after 1 year
I had a tummy tuck 14 months ago.  I still feel a large accumulation for fluid both above and below my naval.  My doctor tried unsuccessfully to aspirate the fluid at 6 months.  It seems that on different days I have more fluid than others, but it always feels as if I am carrying at least a pound of fluid in these areas.  Should I be worried, will this ever go away?
Fluid that develops after a tummy tuck (seroma) usually disappears after a maximum of four to six weeks.  If, there is actual evidence of persistent fluid (which can be documented by an ultrasound), then you have a persistent scar lined cavity retaining the fluid.  This may require re-operation to excise the pocket and eliminate the fluid.
I am continually amazed by the problematic TT procedures I see in this forum. I am one of the unlucky to have this problem with pain. I have had a second surgery. I still have the pain after 3 years. My last surgery was in June of this year. If the Seroma does not show up in an ultra sound I would think twice about the second surgery. My pain is worse. I truly believe it is nerve associated damage. Can press on your abdomen and feel the pain radiate to a different area other than where you are pressing?
I feel sorry for your pain. Good Luck
A related discussion, tt 1year later was started.
A related discussion, life lift was started.