Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
PLASTIC SURGERY

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

PLASTIC SURGERY
HI. ON SEPT. 14TH 2007 I HAD A FACE LIFT. AFTER ABOUT ONE WEEK I NOTICED THAT I HAD REDANCEY ON MY LEFT JAW LINE ON 2 PLACES. THE PS DID A REVISION IN THE OFFICE. AFTER ONE WEEK THE STICHES WERE REMOVED AND I NOTICED THAT THE PROBLEM  SOME WHAT WAS STILL THERE.  SO THE PS INJECTED ME WITH CRTISONE BUT THE PROBLEM DID NOT CORRECT IT SELF.  NOW I AM NOTICEING THAT BOTH JAW LINES ARENOT THE SAME THE  RIGHT IS LOWER THAN THE LEFT. I CALLED MY PS THIS MORNING OCT  25TH 2007.  AND MY PS INFORMED ME THAT I WILL SEE RESULTS IN ABOUT 3 TO 4 WEEKS. MY QUESTION HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN INJECTED WITH CORTISONE?   BY THE WAY 5 YRS AGO I HAD A FACE LIFT AND MY PS DAMAGED MY NERVE ON MY RIGHT SIDE AND IF EFFECTED MY UPPER RIGHT LIP AND MY LIP DROOPS SLIGHTLY  MY RIGHT CHEEK DROOPS SLIGHTLY. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT COULD BE DONE FOR MY LIP AND MY CHEEK.    HOPE TO GET AN ANSWER FROM YOU. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.  SEXY MAMA
At a little over one month post surgery, it is way too early to assess the results of surgery.  Scarring, both external and internal is at its worst at one month post trauma or surgery.  I believe it will take at least two more months before you can evaluate the surgery results.
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO MY QUESTION SO QUICKLY. I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND WAIT  TO SEE  MY FINAL RESULTS.    THANK YOU AGAIN.  SEXY MAMA.