Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Post ACDF scar treatment
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post ACDF scar treatment

I am about 4 months post op from an ACDF.
During that procedure they access your cervical spine via a horizontal cut about 3 inches long on the right side of the middle of your neck.

While obviously recovering from the surgery is the most important factor, the scar is a daily reminder of just how much pain I was in and the year of my life that was spent dealing with it.

At the 2 month visit with my neurosurgeon I asked if I could use Silicone sheets,  he said that would be fine but he doubt that it would really help much.   He said your male why do you care what people think?

My answer - I don