Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Runny Nose a year after Septoplasty
I had Septoplasty surgery to correct a deviated septum in the Summer of 06.  I was told my condition was more complicated the usual surgery, if I recall correctly there was a bone spur and possibly something else that prolonged the surgery.  It's been over a year now and any benefit I received from the surgery has disappeared, but more annoying is the fact that my nose runs whenever I eat anything.  This started right after the surgery and has just become a huge inconvenience and is somewhat embarassing.  No matter what I eat, my nose runs and if I'm eating anything remotely spicy, I need multiple napkins/tissues.  Is something of this nature common after this surgery? I'd like to avoid any more surgery, as its just an annoyance, but I'd also like to know if I can expect it to get better.  Thanks.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242582 tn?1193616720
This question should be addressed to an otolaryngologist who performs septoplasty for function nasal obstruction, a procedure I do not do.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now