Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Sclerotherapy for varicose veins, need advice

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Has anyone tried Sclerotherapy for their varicose veins? If so, can you tell me how it went, how long it lasted, what the results where like and what kind of solution was used, if you can give me any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sclerotherapy works fine for small spider veins, but is not the best therapy for matted nest of veins, for which lasers are best used.  New spider viens will appear over time and you should expect to need repearted treatments.  If there are problems with the valves of the deep venous system or the perforating branches from the superficial to the deep venous system, then the use of endovascular lasers or venous stripping may be appropriate.  Check with a local physician who specializes in all aspects of area for best results.