Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Skull reshaping/sizing

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Skull reshaping/sizing

This is a rather odd situation for someone of my age to be in, but I'm an 18 year old male and I have a skull deformity that was never treated as a child. I'm not sure on the medical name of the problem, but my doctor's referred me to a craniofacial surgeon to get a better opinion.

Basically, my head is abnormally large in width and height and is also slanted to one side, mostly noteably in the forehead area. My hairline has also been 'stretched' back slightly.

This has affected my life severely, so I'm looking into possible surgical options. Just curious as to what can actually be done. Can the entire upper section of the skull be reshaped?..
  • skull shape (4 replies):
    hi, My name is Kevin. Ever since when i was a child, i h...[more]
  • skull deform (1 replies):
    hi i am 21 years old and i feel like my skull is a littl...[more]
  • skull filing (1 replies):
    i was curious, i have a bump on my skull right on the to...[more]
  • Skull deformity (1 replies):
    When i was a baby i had an Encephalocele. im now 18 now...[more]
  • Skull shape (1 replies):
    I have recently started to notice that the back of my sk...[more]
You should go to the cranialfacial surgeon for a consultation.  It is not possible to advise you without a detailed examination as well as X-rays and other diagnostic tests.
This is a rather odd situation for someone of my age to be in, but I'm an 22 year old male and I have a skull deformity that was never treated as a child.
This has affected my life severely, so I'm looking into possible surgical options.Just curious as to what can actually be done. Can the entire upper section of the skull be reshaped?

Basically, my head is abnormally large in width and height and is also slanted to one side, mostly noteably in the forehead area.

I can show you some pictures if you want to see them