Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Thread Lifting.

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Thread Lifting.

Has anyone ever heard of Facial - Lifting with Threads. There seems to be different methods of doing this.  How successful is Thread Lifting and will it last and is it suitable for the lower part of the face?   I am told it is less exspensive than a "normal" faclift as it is not Surgical "as such" ? Would I be better aiming for a "surgical" face lift?   Many thanks.
Thread lifting involves threading sutures which have multiple barbs placed along the length of the suture at various strategic locations throughout the subcutaneous tissues of the face.  Tying these sutures behind the hairline tightens the facial skin.  No scars are visible.  The problem with this technique is that the not only the results of the procedure, but the duration of their effect can be quite limited.  In addition, the line of the suture may be visible through the skin.