Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Tummy Tuck

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck six weeks ago.  After three weeks I developed an infection and was on cipro for ten days.  One drain was left in and after two weeks of being off the cipro I developed an infection around the remaining drain.  I am now on clindamyacin.  My stomache was perfectly flat but now is unevenly swollen.  I have on more day on the antibiotic.  There is no remaining redness and I am putting a hand towel inside of my medical girdle for compression.  I am worried that this is what my stomache will look like.  Will I return to the flat tummy I had for five weeks following my surgery