Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Underwire Bra for Botttomed Out revison
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Underwire Bra for Botttomed Out revison

Hi Dr. Rosenberg,

I have heard of using underwire bra after a bottomed out revision to help support the crease while scar tissues are forming... however, I have also heard that the underwire may cause wound healing problems especially when you have incisions in the crease area.

Another major concern I have with underwire bras is that it may affect the final shape of the breast once everything heals.  I am having the revision done on one breast and do not want it to have a different shape from the other...

What are your opinions on this? Any other methods that is better than using an underwire bra?    

If using an underwire bra is the best option, how long should I wait after the surgery before putting them on and do I need to wear them 24/7?