Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
left axilla mass removal

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

left axilla mass removal
I underwent a surgery last january 2008 on my left axilla. The biopsy results showed that the mass removed from my left axilla was an axillary breast tissue. As you have answered that the presence of mass on left axilla is not related to having a breast cancer, does the presence of hypoechoic masses on both of my breast increases my risk of having a cancer.
Breast tissue in the axillary area is a common occurrence.  Its presence does not increase your risk for breast cancer.