Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
neck tightness

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

neck tightness
How long after a facelift do you feel the pressure around your neck like someone is squeezing your neck
Pressure, discomfort, pain, numbness and other symptoms after a facelift will vary in appearance and length of duration based on a multitude of factors.  Every patient will have different perceptions and reactions to surgery.  In addition the actual technique of each facelift will vary and have a bearing on post-op symptoms.  It is therefore not possible to generalize about the duration of neck pressure sensation.  Many patients have little discomfort after a day or two following surgery.  Other patients will have some form of discomfort for a month or more.
Should I be concerned if it's been 10 1/2 months and I still have this sensation?
At 10 1/2 months following the surgery, the healing and scar tissue would have achieved near full maturation, so persistent symptoms are very unusual at this time.  You should be evaluated for a cause of your symptoms, if you have not already done so.
I have had extreme tightness and pain for 4 years and it seems to be getting worse.  If you find out any answers I would greatly appreciate it as I have been to a long list of doctors hoping for relief and ansers.