Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
pro bono

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

pro bono

I am a 44 year old female, full time student, unemployed for 2 years, married to a wonderful who is disabled, I am currently in abdominal pain on a daily basis, whether I am in bed, sitting, standing, walking the pain is there, I recently spent 4 days in the hospital to find out why I was in pain and the dr. said I have 2 hernias, I am obese and the only thing that will help me is to lose weight or get a panniculectomy and abdominoplasty to remove all the fatty tissue in my lower abdomen. I have had 2 c-sections and a total hysterectomy.
Since I have no health insurance nobody will help me is there any surgeons in my area that will do a pro bono surgery, I am willing to go to a place such as a university for practice for students or what ever it takes to make the pain go away? Desperately in need.
Tags: pro bono
  • Tummy tuck (1 replies):
    I'm a 24 year old mother of four children. I;m very unha...[more]
You can try a nearby teaching medical center with a plastic surgery residency program to see if you qualify for state medicaid insurance or reduced cost care.  If you have true hernias, then you first need to seek the attention of a general surgeon.  When ObamaCare takes effect, you may also qualify for care.