Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
tightness, pressure and tingling in cheeks
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tightness, pressure and tingling in cheeks

I had a facelift 9 1/2 months ago.  The tightness, pressure and tingling in my cheeks is getting stronger. I feel it constantly.  I can't focus on anything else.  Feels like I'm wearing a mask. A nightmare.  Will this eventually go away or do I need additional medical help?
Related Discussions
242582_tn?1193616720
These symptoms are somewhat unusual at this late stage after a facelift.  While some patients experience prolonged numbness (and this may be what you are actually experiencing).  These problems should ultimately disappear with time and are related to the healing process.
2 Comments
Blank
I too have these symptoms and my facelift was 4 years ago.  Things seemed to ease up a bit and then came back with a vengence.  I have been to a long list of drs for the past year and have had not success.  Everyone in the plastic surgery arena say it's not possible to still have these symptoms, but they are very real and getting harder to deal with over time.
If you find any relief I would greatly appreciate the information.
Blank
A related discussion, tingling tightness after facelift 3 yrs ago. was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank