Cosmetic Surgery Community
crainotomy deformaty after skull replacement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Our son had a stroke and he had a crainotomy because of brain swelling. The doctor replaced the top of his skull after three weeks but now his head is grossly deformed on the left side and is much bigger than the right side of his head. Can anything be done to correct this?
Unfortunately scars and skull deformities after craniotomies are common. Cranioplasty can be done which is a surgical procedure to correct a deformity or defect of the skull and it is performed once the neurosurgeon and the family feel that it is clinically indicated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.