Cosmetic Surgery Community
eye socket surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

eye socket surgery

hi. a year ago my eye socket was fractured into pieces and my eye was open wider than the good side.  i thought my doctor would have sent me to a plastic surgeon but he sent me to see a maxillo facial person who also is a dentist. he said that he could try and fix my eye a little bit so as to try and close it a little and also the side of my face looks a little flat as it is so noticable so he said he would fix it.  but one year after his surgery i look terrible.  my bad eye looks even more open wider than the good eye and he has pushed my eye higher up my face and my eyes are so uneven. one eye is higher than the other and i have got a line running down the side of my eye ,i feel like a freak. when he done the operation he done a bone graft which he didnt tell me he was doing before surgery he done it with some plastic coral. i went back to see him about this and he just told me that there is nothing he can do to improve this.  i feel so angry at him  i asked for a second opinion by another maxillo facial person he said he could try and bring my eye into line with the other one but i dont know what to do .  any advice .   thank you.

This discussion is related to Recovery from facial trauma and surg.
any advice