Cosmetic Surgery Community
hard lump on top of head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

hard lump on top of head

a couple of years ago i hit top of my head going up my stairs and a  pretty large lump formed on my head it feels hard like bone its really noticeable when i cut my hair. i was wondering if it was hard scar tissue, or calcifed hematoma/ lump and if it could be removed because i hate the way it makes my head look. if it can be removed what type of doctor should i go to and about how much would it cost? Thank you
It can be a calcified cyst ot scar tissue and diagnosis can only be confirmed by means of a fine needle aspiration biopsy or a CT scan for which you should consult a dermatologist and get it done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.