SCD Diet
Has anyone with colitis tryed the SCD Diet to be healed? Has it worked?
How many years have you had colitis?

Did it develop after you had a prolong period of diahrea?  Say diahhrea every Saturday for 15 years,

I developed proctitis after having diahrea just about every Saturday, following consumption of chinese food, over the course of more than 15 yrs or so.    If you developed colitis similar to mine, then I might be able to let you know what has helped me so that I have ONE bowel-movement a day with NO noticeable pain, but I still feel if I stop my routine things can't get bad again.

About a year and a half ago:
I was going to the bathroom more than 8 times a day, and I did NOT enjoy it because despite going diahrea the Crap still hurt me so much, coming out of me, that MY TOES CURLED FROM THE PAIN.    I could WIN A FARTING CONTEST if I entered one!  I had pain in my rectum 24 hrs a day-I remember just lying in bed trying to fall asleep with my rectum hurting/hurting until I eventually started wondering if Life was really worth living, etc,,,,...My colon was  Inflammed and Swollen so much that I could actually feel it inside me and moving.   Also, before actually going to the GI doctor to get a colonoscopy, I thought I might have internal hemroids, and  I ACTUALLY HAD TROUBLE GETTING A Hemrhoid suppository in my ***.   Talk about inflammation and pain and burning and diahrea and farting.etc..

My routine includes:
-More than 6 cups of Decaf coffee every day
-Magnesium supplements every day
-about 1.5 grams of 'flush-type' Niacin every day
-about 40 minutes of walking every day
-cabbage 2x every day-breakfast and lunch
-peanut butter or peanuts every day
-a couple fork full of minced garlic just about every day
-fish pills
###Note: Decaf coffee, cabbage, garlic, peanuts are High in Magnesium which is what you need along with the Niacin!

Magnesium:
go to the NIH Link to See how the diahrea and stress have DEPLETED YOUR BODY OF THIS IMPORTANT MINERAL NEEDED by more than 300 biological reactions in your body.......Replenish it and feel better!
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/magnesium.asp
The health status of the digestive system and the kidneys significantly influence magnesium status. Magnesium is absorbed in the intestines and then transported through the blood to cells and tissues. Approximately one-third to one-half of dietary magnesium is absorbed into the body [9-10]. Gastrointestinal disorders that impair absorption such as Crohn's disease can limit the body's ability to absorb magnesium. These disorders can deplete the body's stores of magnesium and in extreme cases may result in magnesium deficiency. Chronic or excessive vomiting and diarrhea may also result in magnesium depletion [1,10].

Hi. Yes the SCD diet has helped me immensly!
Don