Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
percentages?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis issues such as: Abdominal Pain, Arthritis, Bleeding (Rectal), Blockage (Intestinal), Delayed Development (Children), Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Fissures, Gall Stones, Growth - Stunted (Children), Kidney Stones, Living With and Managing Crohn’s, Malnutrition, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pregnancy, Protein Deficiency, Research, Skin Problems, Stress, Surgery, Symptoms, Tests, Treatments, Ulcerations – Sores, Weight Loss

percentages?

The man i plan on marring has Chrones Disease. What is the percentage that our children will have Chrones disease?
I don't know the exact probability, but I have been told that there is a smaller chance to pass Crohn's  to your own kids. I have Crohn's and was told that there is a slight chance I could pass it onto my girls. If you are considering not marrying because of this, I wouldn't worry. It is not a totally awful thing that can't be dealt with and does go into remission. It can be managed. Does your soon to be DH have a severe case that concerns you?
I did manage to find this question, which is similar to yours on the net. Only took a couple of google searches:

http://genetics.emory.edu/ask/question.php?question_id=2603

It goes on to give genetic probability in the subsequent websites, I think. Hopefully this may give you a more specific answer. Good luck.
i would marry him regardless of this disease. he is always so so sick and bleeds like crazy and so worn out and achey (achy)...and the stress his rents put on him doesnt help in the least bit..

thank you so much for looking that up for me it means alot