DNA / Paternity Community
Conception Date !!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Conception Date !!!

Im in a predicament here. I slept with a guy one week before making it official with my current boyfriend and now Im 7 weeks 4 days pregnant according to my first day of my last period. I dont know who the father could be can some one help out! My first day of my last period was January 1, 2014. I had unprotected sex ( but pulled out) with the guy on January 10th 2014 and had unprotected sex with my current boyfriend starting on January 15th which my boy friend "finishes/ comes inside me every single time. I have my ultra sound scheduled for Feb. 27 2014. I need to know the conception date of my baby asap! Can any one help! I am currently not able to eat or function properly knowing this. I asked a nurse when i tested positive a test that I needed a time frame of conception and she gave it to me it was January 15th to the 30th yet im not sold because I know sperm can live for a few days inside the uterus.
I have had unprotected sex with my bf since January 15th every other day multiple times a day.
U should probably wait until u get ur first ultrasound it will help you more to figure out when conception was but if i had to guess id say 2nd guy since u say he would finish in u everytime
Thats what I am thinking but I am reading allot online and it said that you can get pregnant even toward the end of your period. Except I was on nuva ring the month of december, I believe you are covered even the 7 day break between rings. So would that push my ovulation a week further since the wednsday I got my period was in that break.
When you get your first ultrasound, they will give you a count in weeks, that should go back to the first day of your last period or thereabouts.  You'll be better off if it doesn't, since if it comes out that the measurements of the baby suggest a first day of the last period that is later than you expect, that means the baby is conceived later than two weeks after the first day of your last period.  In your shoes that would be good.

Anyway, when you get the ultrasound be SURE to ask them for an estimated due date.  From that, you can count back 266 days on a calendar to get to an estimated conception date.

You can also talk the whole issue over with the doctor after you get the ultrasound, but do be careful that the doc knows you are trying to figure out the exact date of conception, or he or she might lapse into using gestational-age counts instead (the ones that begin on the first day of the last period) and they just aren't very helpful.
Okay I will do that. Thank you. I am just overly stressed about that right now.
The ultrasound will definetly tell you when the baby was conceived! it did with me I kept telling my X the baby was his but he didnt believe the first ultrasound went right back to when we were together and the baby was born the day they said!