DNA / Paternity Community
Help who is the dad??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Help who is the dad??

I went for scan yesterday was a late booking scan it says i am 19 weeks and due on 15th july which uf u count back is 8th october i slept with someone start off october and my current partner from 19th october im very confused!! I paid for private scan few weeks ago and that give me due date of 25th july what do use think??
The earlier the scan the better it is for guessing the conception date.  But there's no way to def know unless u go get a dna test...
Please remember that your earlier scan is the more likely to be reliable.  

Medical way of computing gestational age will always take you back to the first day of your last period, not to the day you conceived.  The following will give you estimated conception date, and it looks like all choices point to your boyfriend.

For a due date of July 15, 2013:
(Assumed) first day of last menstrual period:  October 8, 2012
Probable date of ovulation:  October 22, 2012
Possible dates of conception:  October 18 to October 26, 2012

For a due date of July 25, 2013:
(Assumed) first day of last menstrual period:  October 18, 2012
Probable date of ovulation:  November 1, 2012
Possible dates of conception:  October 28 to November 5, 2012

Im having the same issue , im due March 1st , can you tell me when the baby was conceived , i had sex with my bf on June 12th , but that doesn't match with the 9 months or does , i need to know the week of conception
The nhs wouldnt take my first scan into consideration coz it was private i think they have waited to long i am just worrying a bit i think the first scan ties in more i did have a period on 21st october they just freaked me out yesterday x
Tima u prob conceived between june 4th and 12th x
Sweetheart, given that you had a period on the 21st of October and given that the calculators all point to late October, you have nothing to worry about.  Congrats to you and your boyfriend.  
Hi, how did you get your due date?  If it was by an ultrasound, when was the ultrasound in the pregnancy (i.e., sixth week, seventh week etc.)

If you got your due date by a reliable method like an early ultrasound, you can trust the calculator, but if you simply got it by noting the first day of your last period, it can be off because some women have irregular cycles.

For a due date of March 1, the calculator gives the following:

Assumed first day of last menstrual period:  May 25, 2012
Probable date of ovulation:  June 8, 2012
Possible dates of conception:  June 4 to June 12, 2012

Did you have sex with someone else right before your boyfriend?  
Thanx very much u have made me feel lots better x
Take care, Kiwi.  I wish all the women who write on this forum could be so lucky as to have such an easy question with a happy answer.
yes i did , cant remeber the date , but it was probably a couple days before me and my bf , but i think we used a condom , cant really recall. my and my bf had sex exactly on June 12th , i just wanna be sure , but i told my bf the situation so were going to get a DNA just to be sure , but im trying to do alittle adding up myself before the dna , but ill be 39 weeks tomorrow , so hopefully i have her soon , and can hopefully tell by who she looks like .....
right , thats what i figured , me and my bf had sex the 12th , so i was just making sure that date was in my conception week , thank you so much
The date is in your conception week, but unfortunately so is the date with the other guy.  I'm glad you told your boyfriend, and of course a DNA test is the thing to do.  Good job, you made a difficult situation better by being honest with him.  Good luck with the DNA test.  Go to a lab certified by the courts, no Internet tests.