DNA / Paternity Community
Transvaginal Ultrasound Accuracy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Transvaginal Ultrasound Accuracy

hi! im 16 weeks pregnant right now, im confused about who the father of my baby is... i was wondering if the trans-vaginal ultrasound are accurate. My LMP (regular)  was Dec 20-12... i had sex with my current boyfriend Dec 29-12 in the morning, then we had sex again days ago Jan, 1-13... i had sex with another guy Jan 4-13... i had my pregnancy test Jan. 21-13 and its already positive, ive tried transv u/s Jan 24-13 and it says i was already 4weeks and 3 days pregnanat... their is no fetus yet but the embreyo sac was already present so the obgyne advice to try it again weeks after.. i had my last ultrasound March 2-13 and it says im already 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant... please help me! im very confused with who the father of my child is and it makes me a lot more confuse by the ovulation day.... please please help me with my situation...
i believe u ovulated around jan 3 which was justa day before u had sex with the other guy.  chances of him being the father are higher. in my case i had sex jan 8 and i ovulated around the 10th thats when i got pregnant. but keep in mind that sperm stays alive for 36 hrs inside of u. from my conclusions i think its the second guy u had sex with but im no expert. sorry ur in this situation hun good luck
Sperm can survive in the vagina for up to 7 days. Not 36 hours. Your dates are to close to be sure who's baby it is. Your best option would be to get a DNA test once the baby is born. Good luck.
It's too close to tell, u/s's can be days off, a DNA test is definitely best option.
ask ur doc hun a lot of ppl say 7days but i asked my doc and he said live sperm can only be good for 36 hrs. but yes it sticks around for about 7 days it doesnt mean its any good for implantation. i say come clean to both men because stress is not good for baby :) the less u stress the best for both of u