DNA / Paternity Community
is 12 days after intercourse too soon for pregnancy test to be accurate...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

is 12 days after intercourse too soon for pregnancy test to be accurate?

I had intercourse on feb 11th with a partner and feb 17th with a different partner. I had my period jan31-feb 6th. my period calculator says I have a 26 day cycle. I took a pregnancy test on march 1st and my period was 4 days late and it was positive.im wondering if the guy from the 17th got me pregnant or if that would have been too soon for a early response pregnancy test to tell Im pregnant?
If you read the material on the box, at least First Response Early Results claims to be accurate as early as 6 days before a missed period.  I've never had one be accurate that early, but I have had them be accurate before a missed period.  And you would not be very far before your period, certainly nothing like 6 days.

If the sex was all unprotected and all within one menstrual cycle (in other words, no period in between) and one guy was 6 days before the other, neither can be ruled out, even though the later guy would be day 18 of your cycle and your cycles are 26 days.  (How regular are they?  Have you been keeping months and months of data?)  

An ultrasound in your 6th, 7th or 8th week might help you narrow it down.
That said, the first guy has stronger odds, if the sex was unprotected.  His sperm would be viable in your system on day 12 of your cycle through day 17, and those are the most classic ovulation days in an average woman's cycle.
well I had the cvs brand of a first response test...and it says to have early results. but the sex was not unprotected, I used a condom with both although the condom with the second guy did break but he didn't ejaculate and im not sure about the first guy. but yes they were both within one cycle I did not have a period in between. and my cycles are pretty irregular. ive kept a period tracker on my phone for about 6-9 months, but im not sure how accurate those are.
oh and I also had a ultrasound march 1st and based off my lmp I was 8w4 but she said the baby was measuring a few days smaller than that.
I meant I had a ultrasound april 1st not march 1st *** sorry
When you had the ultrasound April 1, exactly how far along did she say you were?  "A few days smaller than that" means what?  And did she give you a due date based on the size of the embryo?
she didn't give me an exact date after that..thats all she said. and yeah November 7
Have you run the due date through a conception calculator?  The one I usually use is down, but I used a different one which said:  "if the baby is due on November 7th, this would put the conception date on or around February 14th.  Considering that sperm can live five days in the woman's system, this would indicate the window between February 8th and February 14th.

Unfortunately, February 17 is too close to February 14 to absolutely rule out the later guy.  You're going to need a DNA test, it's only fair to everyone involved.
yes I have done a bunch of those and most of them say conception date on feb 14th but possible dates of conception were feb10-feb 18th so you are right..i think im going to get a prenatal blood test to be sure.
Be sure to do your research, on the prenatal blood tests.  There are some Internet-marketed, mostly rip-off tests.  Only two companies are thought of as at all likely to be correct, and the cost is somewhere between $1700 and $2200 for those two.  And unfortunately, neither of their results have been certified by the courts to determine paternity, so you'll have to do the test again once the baby is born, when setting up child support.
yes the one im doing is quite expensive but it will all be worth it for a piece of mind before the baby is here
If you want to pm me with the name of the company, I can tell you if it is one of the reputable ones.
With the first guy was the sex always protected? Did you take it off at all in between time?
it was always was protected  and no we didnt
but I know for sure the condom broke with the second guy but he didn't ejaculate