DNA / Paternity Community
prenatal DNA test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to DNA/Paternity testing. The purpose of the community is for members to discuss information and share support with members who have questions about DNA / Paternity testing. Topics include when to test, types of tests, cost, reliability, confidentiality, legal issues, and results. All questions and comments posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

prenatal DNA test

My OnAgainOFfAgain Boyfriend Is Being A Complete ***. Hence The On And Off Again Business. Has Anybody On Here Gotten A Paternity Test Done While Still Pregnant, Or Know Anything AboutTheM?
I heard its safer to wait... But find out the info before u do it... And if he really wants to rush.. Rush on some child support right after that
It's very risky I'd wait till after the baby is born . My oldest son sperm donor is a deadbeat he denied my son once I put him on child support the only thing is it takes 6-8 wks for the result
@Jen: why do you say sperm donor if you also put him on child support? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just get confused when people say "sperm donor" cos I thought it means someone who donated sperm (and signed an agreement not to try to claim the child) so that you can have a child with you SO? Or is it also a new way of saying that the person is the father of your child who left before the child was born?
Please explain this for me cos I'm totally confused by it.
Yes you can get them between 14 and 21 wks they stick a needle in your belly it can cause a miscarriage but they can test for birth defects as well with the procedure it's called amniocentesis I believe
Just because u put a man on child support does not mean he's guna pay !!!!! That deadbeat has done nuthin for my 3 yr old ever !!!!! My husband has Been the only father he's known !!!!! So yea the mutha ****** is a sperm donor
Madamen sperm donor is also a term for a dead beat dad lol and Delnis right they have to take some of the amniotic fluid and it can cause miscarriage.
The biggest pos scumbag I ever met !!!! I hope he kills himself he ain't no man at all
There are a few companies that do a prenatal blood test of the mother and the assumed father, gleaning the baby's DNA from the mother's bloodstream, to be a prenatal paternity test.  The costs range from $1,300 to $2,000 and only two of the companies in the business of that kind of testing are even remotely reliable.  It is half as expensive to do a DNA test after the baby is born, and the courts will accept a DNA test done then.  None of the prenatal blood tests are yet certified by the courts.  This is not an amniocintesis but just taking blood.  Don't fall for some of the Internet companies that advertise this, on DNA/Patermity we just talked to someone who had wasted a whole lotta money on one of those and doesn't think it's correct.

It Wouldn't Be For The Courts, It Would Be For Him.He Is Being aA Complete *******. HadMy First Ultrasound Alone Yesterday, And i Cried. Happy And Sad TEars All At Once. It's So He'll FinallyTake Some Responsibility And QuIt treating Me Like ****
I feel you... I know plenty of females who babys father doesnt do a dam thing for their kids but r dumb enough to keep ******* them! I dont know how u feel my daughters father has been there since day one. But thats exactly wat u call em.. Child support wont make em pay
Oh Hell nahz see my oldest sons father already kno when he see me if he puts one hand on me ill snug his *** I don't give a **** !!!! Before I got married he'd show up at child support court trying to get me back , trying hug me he tried that one time I acted like I was guna punch him never again smh will he try to touch me. Now my man handles it lol. But for over 2 yrs he's been trying to get me back don't care bout my baby just be untill the courts approved my restraining order for me n my son !!!!