AFP Triple Screen
Hello mommas to be,

I have been sitting here waiting for the results from my AFP Triple screen since last Wednesday (July 11th). Sitting here waiting for the news is hard. Who all has had the screen, how long before you heard the news, what were the results? I think talking about it will help with most of my fears and concerns and since we all are within a few weeks of each other I figured this would be a good place to start.

Thanks for your support.

Quartz
Sorry, hun, I've never had the tests done. Do you have additional reason to worry about the results, like a history of fetal deformities, or was the testing completely optional? If there are no reasons to believe your baby has defects than I would try to relax. I know a lot of moms do the testing just to be extra cautious, and most of the time the results are normal. Best of luck and I hope you get good results soon.
I have major GI issues and have undergone over 20 surgeries in the last 2 years including having my colon removed my doc thought it would be a good idea. I know several people who have had the test done. Most of them got the results from the blood work that said the results were inconcusive. With those results they had to go out of state to have the amnio done to confirm the results. My niece was born with gastroschisis at 30 weeks. The family history on top of my medical history has me a little concerned, but knowing several people who have had the test with okay results after additional testing helps ease the mind a little but the concerns are still there.
Ok, I can see now why you would do the testing or be concerned. Hopefully you get your results soon so you can stop worrying :)
It takes maybe a week or so, no news is good news thats what my dr says, I had it done in my last pregnancy and they detected a heart defect, week later I lost baby at 18 wks, due to that and no cardiac activity
So sorry to hear what you went through last time. I will keep my fingers crossed all your results come back ok.
Finally got my results... Test came bace negative for down syndrom, less than 1 % chance for other defects, and no recommendations for further testing. I am so glad to hear my baby is healthy so far.
great news.
So glad to hear the good news!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
FreshLove Woow, I have not updated in... Comment
Nov 11
bebe2011 Hello all!! Comment
Jul 19
bebe2011 added the Pregnancy Tracker
Jul 19