Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Black outs in an elderly person
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Black outs in an elderly person

My father is 84 years old and has been having blackouts and passing out in the past year.  He has been taken to the hospital for injuries from these spells.  He becomes very combative and is disorienented after a spell and does recognize anyone.  The doctors dismiss it because they can't find anything.  After a good nights sleep he is back to himself and has no memory of the day before.  They say it isn't his heart, there is no evidence of a stroke or dementia.  Do you have any ideas?
Tags: blackout