Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Male lack of pleasure, orgasm (but erection and ejaculation)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Male lack of pleasure, orgasm (but erection and ejaculation)

Hello,

I'm a 25 year old male that first began sexual intercourse at age 17 (and masturbation before that, of course).  In any such instances of sexual activity (with or without a partner), I have been able to achieve erection, use that for a while, and then ejaculate.  However, there is no particularly pleasurable sensation to the activity, and definitely no orgasm.  I liken it to shaking hands with my penis - flesh on flesh, but nothing to get excited about.  Sex/masturbation has become an activity performed for one of two reasons:  1.  I have an erection that needs to be satisfied, 2. My partner needs to be satisfied.  In either case, once the erection is present, there is a need to ejaculate that drives me to/through the sexual or masturbatory act, but again, no real "pleasure," either during stimulation or during/after ejaculation.

Of course, I suspect a psychological basis for this, but I'm loathe to expose myself to the stigma of psychological care/diagnosis (and the associated records that will inevitibly be distributed, despite any assurances otherwise).  My questions are thus as follows:

1.  Is this likely to be psychologically based, or is possibly a medical condition?  If so, what is known about this type of thing?
2.  What resources are there for an individual (and perhaps his partner) to be able to work through this on his/their own?  I'm referring to books, primarily.

Thank-you.