Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Several mood swings lately
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Several mood swings lately

Is it possible to have more frequent minor relapses when a patient moves from the Northern States (Wisconsin)to the South (Florida). The weather in Florida tends to make me ill and depressed. Just curious. I suffer from Bipolar,Anxiety Disorder and PTSD.
Related Discussions
242532_tn?1269553979
Certainly, being in a weather climate you don't like would make your mood suffer...its not a disease, its just natural.  Also, transitions are hard and require a lot of adaptive work..if you are not adapting well, then you have to work harder.
2 Comments
Blank
I love the climate in Florida. I don't know what you mean about trying harder to adapt. I understand transitions take time. My question is I'm Bipolar and does weather change(such as Florida is a tropical climate)cause a relapse? Can my meds be affected because my body is going thru a time zone change and a much different climate? Do you think this is still just natural?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979