Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Several mood swings lately

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Several mood swings lately
Is it possible to have more frequent minor relapses when a patient moves from the Northern States (Wisconsin)to the South (Florida). The weather in Florida tends to make me ill and depressed. Just curious. I suffer from Bipolar,Anxiety Disorder and PTSD.
Certainly, being in a weather climate you don't like would make your mood suffer...its not a disease, its just natural.  Also, transitions are hard and require a lot of adaptive work..if you are not adapting well, then you have to work harder.
I love the climate in Florida. I don't know what you mean about trying harder to adapt. I understand transitions take time. My question is I'm Bipolar and does weather change(such as Florida is a tropical climate)cause a relapse? Can my meds be affected because my body is going thru a time zone change and a much different climate? Do you think this is still just natural?