Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
gagging and dry heaving
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

gagging and dry heaving

Recently I have been experiencing involuntary gagging, which at times becomes so violent that I actually throw up. Sometimes it happens while I am smoking or drinking coffee and, others times the urge to gag is unprovoked. Initially I thought it was due to my smoking or perhaps drinking coffee on an empty stomach, but once it started to happen without those factors I became concerned. I am twenty four, and I am not pregnant, but my appetite is very unhealthy. I don't try to diet or starve myself but it is very common for me to go the whole day without eating, and sometimes when I do finally eat I get so full that I start gagging after I eat and sometimes during. Is it possible that my smoking and bad eating habits are the cause of my gagging or should I consider the fact that I may have throat/stomach cancer? Am I being a hypochondriac?
Tags: gagging