Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
help w/24 yr old daughter who is a psychopath

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

My 24 year old daughter has been diagnosed as a psychopath and that it implies. She will not get a job and lies about everything. I need to know where I can get help for her. She is financially draining us. So I'm not able to pay. She recently moved out of my home, cause I told her no. She doesn't want to see her daughter anymore, cause her exspouse told her no. I do believe she will be back. She has no where else to go. I have conditions upon her return. Which is she has to get help. I can't leave it up to her to get the help she needs. I need to know where I can get help for her and know she is getting the help she needs.
Live in the Dallas,Tx area.
If you can not afford private or insurance care, then you should go to the closest mental health center or to the closest medical school, department of psychiatry. They often offer high quality low cost help.  Keeping firm conditions is a good practice.
To begin with, any therapist/doctor/psychiatrist/psychologist that would tell you they diagnosed your daughter as a "psychopath" is probably not one you would want to see again. That term is not used in mental health settings. And if they did tell you this, they should have told you how to proceed on getting her help.