Admitting a Loved One
I have a husband who is being treated for depression and anxiety.  I'm not sure what's caused the culmination of events; however I am now seriously looking into getting him some in patient care.  On top of his pdoc meds he is also being treated for several physical things.

I'm familar with when a physical symptom warrants a er or hospital visit.  I don't know when the symptom of "sleeps all day, won't wake propperly" warrants such thing.  His pdoc just changes his meds around and says that a inpatient stay would be okay if we (my husband and I ) wanted such a thing.

I have 2 elementary children at home.  Of course I don't "want" to add any more stress to their lives if it isn't necessary.  I love my husband and just want him to get better in the most timely manner possible as getting worse simply musn't happen.

Thanks.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1415482 tn?1459706314
I am so sorry that you are going through this dilemma and I am happy that you are seeking help for your husband. If you feel as if this decision is the best then I would advice that you do this. I completely understand what you are saying about adding stress to the kids but look at it this way---if you husband does not get the proper help he needs, the home environment will be worse. Please take care.

Anna
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1530534 tn?1292965885
what is he taking?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Depression: Support For Families Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank