Dermatology Medical Photos User Group
Strange raised section of skin
About This Group:

The Dermatology Medical Photos user group welcomes medically-relevant questions/photos regarding dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. You must be 18+ years old to participate. By entering and/or posting you agree you are 18 years old or older and accept the guidelines listed above. Note: Failure to comply will result in deactivation of your account.

Founded by Med Help on November 20, 2012
52 members

Strange raised section of skin

10492659?1401562369
Hi! So, I've never had scabies before, but a friend of mine was visiting and slept in my bed with me after she had been hiking in the woods for several months. I'm also sexually active, so it would definitely be possible that I was exposed to scabies somehow. At first I thought maybe it was an allergy or something else, but now that I'm pretty sure it's scabies, I'll be going to the doctor Monday.

The other thing that has been bothering me is in the same area where the scabies is giving me the most problems (upper thighs near the genitals.) I noticed this before the scabies (or what I think is scabies) but right after I think I was exposed to it. This could be completely unrelated, but it seems like that would be too much of a coincidence. It's a slightly raised red and purple, a little sensitive but not painful. I tend to chafe around the same part of my thigh, so it could be related to that.

Anyway, any ideas on what this could possibly be? I've never had anything like this and wouldn't mind doing a little research before going to the doctor so I know the right questions to ask. Thanks!
TrishaHicks commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Aug 24
Emily_MHModerator commented on vicki595's status
Aug 20
Emily_MHModerator commented on zodiacqueen's status
Aug 14