Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
ANY PAIN MEDS FOR GALLBLADDER ATTACKS??

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

ANY PAIN MEDS FOR GALLBLADDER ATTACKS??

HI AGAIN,

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY FIRST QUESTION.
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THERE IS ANY TYPE OF MEDICINE THAT THE DOCTORS GIVE FOR GALLBLADDER ATTACKS.  THE PAIN IS GETTING WORSE AND I AM TAKING SO MUCH ADVIL AND TYLENOL, AND IT'S NOT HELPING.
There's not much meds out there that will help. Getting your gallbadder removed will take all the pain away.It did mine. I was in extreme pain for months there at the last. They took mine gallbladder out and I haven't had any pain there since. Good Luck~! Oh by the way to much tylonal will hurt you more than help you. It hurts you liver which has alot to do with your gallbladder.
I have had bile duct pain on and off for several years, even after having my gall bladder removed, and I recently read that taking Valerian Root (a safe, herb you can buy at any drug store) helps relax the bile duct spasms. You can only really take it at night, because it makes you drowsy, but it really helps me sleep and seems to help with the pain. The only other thing you can do is undergo an ERCP, a type of endoscopy where they go into your bile duct and pull out stones that may be lodged in there. I've had two of them already, and they're painless. Let me know how you do.
THANKS FOR THE INPUT.....
UNFORTUNATELY, ( SOUNDS FUNNY, BUT AGAIN I HAVE NO ANSWERS ) I JUST GOT MY RESULTS BACK FROM MY HIDA SCAN AND THEY SAY ITS NOT MY GALLBLADDER. I HAD THE WORST EPISODE OR ATTACK OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT LAST NIGHT!
I WAS IN EXTRUCIATING PAIN FOR 2 HOURS WITH THE SWEATS, WEAKNESS, NAUSEA, SHAKES AND OF COURSE THE HORRENDOUS PAIN UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST! AND THEY SAY ITS NOT GALLBLADDER!
SIX WEEKS NOW, AND LAST NIGHT I TELL YA I WISH I WAS DEAD.
NO ONE CAN GIVE MY ANY ANSWERS AND IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE HAD EVERY TEST POSSIBLE!
ANY IDEAS????