Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Any info on nasal polyps would be appreciated
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Any info on nasal polyps would be appreciated

It's me again, now I've been found to have a polyp in my left maxillary sinus from a CT scan.  I have been getting severe sinus infections, and since December, I've felt like the place where my nasal passage comes down to meet my throat has been stuffed.  When I get sinus infections, that area almost makes me gag cuz it's so stuffed.  I've been on Flonase a lot and antibiotics, but they haven't seemed to help.  

I'm going in to discuss this polyp on Tuesday; but I've been having so many problems for so long, I was hoping somebody could shed some light.  I'm so used to studying all about GERD and the hiatal hernia I had, now I don't know much about polyps.  Any information would be appreciated.  Does it look like surgery?  What's that like?  Is it painful?  Will this affect my singing?  
Thanks.