Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
CAn digestive problems cause dizziness?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CAn digestive problems cause dizziness?

I have had a dull pain, or rather sensation of fullness in my upper right abdomen off and on for some time, along with episodes of nausea, gas, and heartburn. I had this checked by a doctor and was told that it could be my gallbladder, although an ultrasound showed no stones.  These symptoms have been on and off for several years.  2 weeks ago I ate a cheeseburger with onions, and an hour later I became dizzy and nauseated, with chest pressure. I went to the doctor, fearing heart problems, and was told it was anxiety.  However, I have noted that every day since then, I have the same symptoms when I sit in front of the computer, or while driving, and they seem to be related to the pressure of my waistband around my waist. If I wear sweatpants or stand up, the symptoms stop.  I also notice a tingling sensation in my left arm at these times.  Any input as to what might be going on?  Until 2 weeks ago, I did not have the "computer chair" symptoms.