Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Chicklets in the toilet bowl

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Chicklets in the toilet bowl

After a bm this morning, I found something floating in the bowl that looked like a fat beige Chicklet, as in the chewing gum. Since this was the second time I've seen this, I pulled it out and broke it open. It was white and spongy inside and did not fizz when splashed with H2O2.

Any ideas on this?! (I suppose you've now heard them all...)

Thank you!
Difficult to say without evaluation.

Sending the stool to the lab to exclude parasites and other infections can be done.  

A colonoscopy can rule out colitis, which can atypically change bowel character.  

More specialized tests looking for malabsorption and celiac disease can be done if the aforementioned tests return negative.  Stool and blood tests can rule out these possibilities.

These options can be discussed with a GI specialist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
This might also help...

I am a 36-year-old overweight female with no current medical problems, and I certainly have not been swallowing whole Chicklets!

Thanks again...
Wow, I though I was the only one that had ever experienced this.  I too have noticed these "chicklet" looking objects.  At first look I thought it was a carrot.  I saw it for the 3rd time in a week last night so I decided to inspect further.  Mine was exactly as you described, chicklet shaped, beigey/brown, and a spongy white center.  Since I have seen it 3 times now and can't pinpoint it to a particular food I am somewhat concer
Possible tapeworm.
some timed release medications are contained within a similar "container"-the medication slowly seeps out into your system and the container passes on thru. I think this is your answer if you take anything-even vitamins or supplements.
could be parasites as stated above. Sometimes parasites do not show up on tests given by the doctor so also seek help from a good naturopath. Just a suggestion. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Help me...I came back from Cancun with a small case of stomache cramps and diahreah that lasted about 24 hrs and two days later iI looked 5 months pregnant....totally impossible since I have had a complete hysterectomy (ovaries & all).  Was treated for giardia..montezuma's revenge w/ flagyl & cipro antibiotics and pepto.  To no avail!!!  Had C T Scan.  Showed constipation......treated...felt better for one day, now I'm back to square one:  BLOATED, SORE GUT and MISERABLE!!!
you seriously need to get a life really man!!!!!!!!!!!
**** of ***** get of the toilet!!! lol
I feel your pain. I went to Cancun in September 2004 for 7 days. I was fine the entire trip, when I got home that night I felt fine, went in to work the following day, fine. The next night I was up throughout the entire night with a bad case of diarhea (diarrhea), I thought. The stomach cramping was beyond description. I went to the doctor after continuous bowel movements that were loose and irritable. I was also vomiting constantly. Others who went experienced some irregularity w/ bowel movements, but none to the extent as I had. I too was bloated, sore and miserable. I couldn't eat a thing. Anything that I did eat, I would vomit immediately. I had to change my diet to only rice, mash potatoes, apple sauce and things like that. I was ill the entire month of September.

I gave a stool sample, which came back fine. I began noticing bloating and it didn't stop. I have been experiencing constant nausea since then and it's 3 years later. My bloating still hasn't gone down. My doc chalks it up as weight gain, but I think otherwise. I have never been very big in the stomach and I don't consume food any more or any differently than before this.

I have no idea what happened in Cancun that caused such pain, but I do know that whatever it was, I never want to experience it again. Returning to Cancun is a definite NO NO for me.

Now 3 years later, whenever I eat my stomach looks like I am 5 months pregnant. After a few hours it will go down, but there is a big difference in my stomach from the time I wake in the morning to the time that I lye down for bed at night. I just wish my doctor could see the difference as I do.
mmmmmmmm i wonder what went on in cancun, maybe what goes on doesn't stay in cancun like vegas....try i mouth culture
some parasites can be very large, I wouldn't rule this out.  One way to get rid of parasites is to literally slice and dice them by taking fossil flour also known as Diatomaceous Earth.  Just make sure that it is PURE known as chemical food grade.  this stuff works grate, I am an herbalist and I recommend it to everyone because we are bombarded with parasites daily.  Evicting them isn't always pleasent most will go through what is known as a die off, but it does work.  Another problem that goes undetected by physicians is Homocysteine and methylmalonic acid levels being too high which can also deplete B-12 and this dificiency can relate to over 100 illnesses that could be cleared up with just a few suppliments.  Methylcobalamin B-12, B-6, B-2, folic acid, TMG, Zinc as Monomethionate and Magnesium Glycinate. but all 7 are necessary to work right.  And for anyone who has IBS try Tumeric powder or curcumin it gets rid of the symptoms if nothing else.
Hi- I am an LPN-Licensed Practical or (Vocational) Nurse--I am not a doctor! lol Anyways if I were you I request a stool culture be done to make sure that there isn't any bacteria and also request to check for H. Pylori.- (stomach infection)  Most parasites are invisible to the naked eye, that is why a stool sample (culture) should be done, although some larger parasites are visible to the nakes eye, nearly all parasites have a month and a tail.  Anyways good luck.