Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Constipation,pain, and lethargic

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Constipation,pain, and lethargic

I have developed severe constipation after noticing a dull to sometimes sharp pain in my upper abdomin (abdomen), underneath right lower rib.  This pain is always present.  I am extremely tired, especially at the end of the day.  I have some achy joints and lower back pain, probably from the constipation.  Have had ultra sound, xray, blood work-ups, urinalisis, and everything normal.  Going in for colonoscopy. What are the possible conditions that may be causing this? Can probably live with constipation and pain, but am so tired I can't get moving.  Thanks for the help.
I do not know if the doctors have checked you for this, but it might be worth it to have your Thyroid checked.. Constipation and lethargy are two of the common symptoms of hypothyroidism.. My daughter and I both suffered from constipation.. my daughter actually had blood in her stool.. after going to many doctors and specialists we found out the blood was from being constipated and forcing it and constipation from Hypothyroidism.. She was diagnosed at 8yrs old..I also have Hypothyroisism...I was diagnosed a few years after her.. and that is another long story.. Good luck