Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Diaphram pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Diaphram pain

I have pressure in my diaphram area, or rib cage pretty much all of the time.  At  certain times I have severe gas, a lot of burping, etc.  I do not feel sick ever, other than the pressure makes me full like I could burst.  I have researched my symptoms on the internet, but I am not a doctor.  Additional information, I sit at work all day, therefore, I have back aches also.  I have had this for over 3 years.  My doctor thought maybe it was GERD -- but does that give you the pressure that I feel.  Thank you.
Gizzie,

I'm glad you never feel sick, but I'm concerned about your diaphragm and rib cage pressure that's constant with backaches.  GERD most often gives burning sensation, or sharp pains.  It's more concerning of muscular strain or gallbladder or liver problems, which you could ask your doctor about.

Enoch Choi, MD
Hello there.... This past Sun night I had an onset of extreme cramping, vomiting and diarrhea, I went to the emergency room that night and stayed there for about 6 hrs. They took blood tests and did a CT scan and said that I probably had food poisoning. The next day I still felt sick but seemed to be getting better. Then on Tues, I went to the doctor for a checkup, they took blood and she said it was probably ecoli..... Since Tues... I have developed this pain under my right rib cage... it's a dull ache pain and is very tender to the touch, it almost feels like I've been punched in the stomach. The pain is better when I lay on my back and don't move around.I also have been gassy and haven't had a bowel movement in 3 days.I am a 30 yr old female and for the past 10 years have been a pretty heavy drinker...  I am worried that I may have pancreatitis  or something is wrong with my liver or gall bladder. I have an appointment scheduled with a Gastroenterologist  for next week... I am just worried that something might be seriously wrong.
Thanks!!!
A related discussion, strange feeling was started.