Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Drainage from navel

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Drainage from navel
I have a white to clear looking drainage from my navel.  It also has a foul smell.  Does anyone know what this could be?
Sounds like a yeast infection. Don't know what to do for it though. Is it sore, red? If you go to the drug store and ask the pharmacist he can tell you what to use OTC.
Yes, it's red and it's sore.  It also itches.  Thanks for the advice Terrylynn.  Maybe I can find out what it is without going to the doctor.
My daughter also several times has had this. It's surely sounds like a yeast infection too! If I remember right, she just used a cotton swab and a few times a day for several days cleaned the navel thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. I hope this advice helps and it should simply go away!
I have the same thing going on with my naval and I was wondering if it has anything to do with me being overweight. I have noticed that because of my weight, the skin in and around my naval is stretched and seems almost like the skin on the inside wants to pull apart.
I did a poor job of describing this but maybe you'll catch what I am talking about. I have been applying alcohol with a cotton ball and it will get almost healed and then start draining again. Is your situation anything like this?
Today I discovered a foul smelling odor coming from my three year old granddaughter navel, I didn't have any ideal what was causing it; so I cleaned it with alcohol.
A related discussion, foul smelling drainage from my belly button was started.