Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
HBV & HCV (WINDOW PERIOD)
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HBV & HCV (WINDOW PERIOD)

Hello,
I'm hoping to get a professional medical opinion on the window period is for both HBV & HCV. The reason I ask is this. In September of 06' I was scratched (superficially, without bleeding) by something sticking out of the medical waste bin the surgical office where I work. I was tested for both HBV & HCV using the standard screening techniques (non-RNA) 3-weeks after the incident and again at 10/11-weeks. All my tests were negative. My Dr. said I could come back in 6-month to get re-tested but that it wasn