Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Help Please! I am extremely worried

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Help Please! I am extremely worried

Hi, Everyone

I am a 20 year old female and I have been having lots of problems with my digestive system.  There is no history of any digestive problems in my family. I have had blood in my stool ocassionally for about 4 years, on and off gas pains and constipation since I was little. So I went to the proctologist and he told me I had internal hemmroids, so after I used suppositories I felt fine for a while, but now I feel terrible. There is no more blood, but lots of mucous, inconsistent bowel movements flatulence, belching, sore throat w/ mucous, lower back pain, occasional abdominal pain. When I have a BM there are wierd sounds sometimes the stool becomes very long and narrow at the end, sometimes its regular, sometimes its green. I think this is more than hemmroids.

1 Comment
I have the same symptoms you do.  I have yet to find a doctor to tell me what my problem is either.  I have had it for years as well.  I have a GYN. Problem known as endometriosis which is fibroids on your uterus and overies and such and the closest I ever got to anything was one doctor told me they thought it was associated with that.  They thought I might have had some of the fibroids spread to my colon and small intestines.  Fibroids are just non-cacerous masses that basically sit there until someone goes in and takes them out.  They basically are a  pain in the behind.  But other than that I have no idea what causes my symptoms either.  If you get any anwsers post a comment cause I would love to hear what they say ok?  I have been looking for anwsers forever.  I would be really interested in hearing a diffrent view on this.  I am so glad to know I am not alone in this, but then again I am so sorry you are suffering too.  Good Luck in your quest.

Smokeater