Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
I have these symptoms what could it be????

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Went to Dr today with stomach pains, diarrhea, and small red spots on upper body only about 10 of them. Dr said I have gastritis and gave me zantac 75. ok but about the small red spots he said could be something fair skinned people get what i forget or he said  it could be something to do with Liver. What does this mean exactly? Please any help is appreciated. Was gonna do blood tests but he said with an upset stomach it would come back abnormal anyways. Thanks.
I hag my gallbladder removed about six months ago and it didn't fix the extreme nausea, but it did give me liver spots...and I'm only 22.  If this is what you have...they will start out red....and maybe turn a light brown, but may turn all the way almost white.  You might notice they come in groups or not.  You may even notice them coming and going in different areas of your body.  My gastroenterologist told me it was because of the liver enzymes switching levels because of my surgery.
are liver spots serious? i mean i have never heard of them. What can you do to help it go away or fix it?
Dear Gwen,
If you are concerned that the spots you have may be "telangiectasias" (fancy word for the small red spots associated with liver problems).....tell your doctor that you would like a blood test. (Specifically a "Liver Panel" or "Liver Function Test"). This is a simple test, where they draw a small amount of blood out of your arm. They analyze the blood for liver enzymes. They generally look at 5 things (in your blood sample) to see if you should be concerned about your liver: .....ALT (also called SGPT).....AST (also called SGOT).....Alkaline Phosphatase.....Bilirubin.....and Albumin.
This is a very simple test.
Hope this helps.
P.S.----
If you have the blood test done, and the levels appear abnormal, they will probably want to re-test you in a few weeks. (To see if there is any change.)
It's also important to let your doctor know (when you have the test done) about any medications, herbs, or alcohol that you have taken. (Even "over-the-counter" medications, such as Tylenol, etc.)